Sunday, May 28, 2006

Spent

Everything that's going on has worn me out. I am poured out. I've been sitting in mourning over Rebekah's death since Thursday afternoon and it's sinking in. I haven't been overwrought about it since Friday afternoon--I'm healing and seeing God work through it, though I'm not quite rejoicing yet. I'm still kind of numb about the whole thing. I've had a lot of opportunity to be alone with my thoughts and alone with God the past few days.

I'm taking it easy at this conference overall. I don't have a passion for the smoozing aspect of what comes along with climbing the ladder in my field. So, I'm opting out of that, just going to presentations to get the continuing ed credits I need. I'm seeing old friends and that feels good. But I'm still so tired.

I'm going to Buckhead Church this afternoon. That's the closest I can get to home while I'm here in Atlanta. I'm praying for rest and a little bit of peace in all of this chaos. I'm praying to see how He is choosing to work in this situation.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

No comments: