Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Other People Read This

So I'm still in my state of getting back into life after Passion and I was tracking back some hits on my blog. One happened to have come from another blog. It wasn't necessarily a favorable commentary, but something for me to think about. I'm not used to having critics to my faith and life, and criticism is something I struggle with on a regular basis. This article was posted back in June and I'm glad I didn't find it until now. I don't know if I could've handled the commentary during those fragile months last fall.

I need this to be a learning experience for what is to come. I know intellectually that I will be attacked for my beliefs because the Gospel is offensive and bold, but experiencing my first taste of it is difficult emotionally. I am entirely out of the salt shaker now, clinging to the cross, and attempting to speak words of love and life to those who hate me.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Jen,

I hope you don't mind, but I just used this as a means to get in touch with you after seeing your comment on the 268 Blog. I was a volunteer at Passion (in the silver community group ... hi-ho, silver!) and during the week it became clearer and clearer that God is calling me to work with college students.

Anyway, I was just curious about what the College church planting group does and any particular recommendations you might have for getting into college ministry.

I am doing tons of research, but as Louie said, I don't need to know where or when I am going just yet ...

Thanks
Tammie
tazzy114@hotmail.com